South Africa is frequented by more than 9 million tourists each year. Between 2013 and 2014, South Africa saw a 6.6 percent growth in international tourist arrivals.
Last May, the Ministry of Home Affairs introduced new travel requirements as a means of tackling child trafficking and increasing national security. Tourists are now required to apply for visas in person in order for their bio-metric data to be captured. Documents also need to be in English. From June this year, all children travelling in, out, or through South Africa will need to carry an unabridged birth certificate.
Tourism Minister Derek Hanekom says there has been a negative impact on the tourism sector in the last six months as a result of the stricter visa regulations.
He told reporters that the number of tourists from countries now requiring a visa to enter South Africa has declined.
New visa regulations could see over half a million tourists denied travel to South Africa, says the Democratic Alliance.
Original story found via http://www.thesouthafrican.com
South Africa is a beautiful country to visit. There are so many reasons to explore this country. If you are planning to visit this country on a trip, then you will never be disappointed. This country has something for everyone.
Top reasons to visit South Africa :
1. Kruger National Park : One of the most beautiful parks in the African continent. It is one of the oldest established game reserve in Africa.
2. Cape Peninsula tour : Visit Duiker Island and travel along scenic coastal roads to Hout Bay. Also you can explore the beautiful Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden and lots of other beautiful places.
3. Beautiful landscapes, deserts and national parks : Just hire a car there and drive between these beautiful landscapes. Its a great way to experience the country with your own freedom.
4. South African wines : Enjoy South African wines in the wine region. Its just a few kilometres from Cape Town.
5. Visit Hluhluwe and Umfolozi : Both are country’s oldest wildlife areas.
6. Garden Route : Driving along the Garden Route between tropical forests and beaches.
7. St. Lucia Wetlands : A unique park in the world for the incredible diversity of ecosystems. It is situated on the east coast of KwaZulu-Natal, a worth visiting place there, especially for birdwatchers.
Posted by : Lenka Henrik